Skin is the outermost covering of the human body and it is also considered as the largest organ of the body. There are many types of skins. They are dry, oily and normal skin. Depending on the skin type, care should be taken during the summer and winter seasons.
Skin care in summer:
- During summer, the weather will be hot and so there is a high risk of dehydration. So take plenty of water and fresh fruit juices so as to stay hydrated.
- For people with dry skin, apply a moisturizer or cold cream over the body after a bath as that would nourish the dry skin.
- For people with oily skin, have a bath in cold water and apply a cream for oily skin.
- Always apply a sunscreen before stepping out of the house.
- Never go out from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., which is the hottest time of the day and it is highly damaging to the skin. It could tan the skin very badly. At these times, do not stay for a long period of time outdoors as the exposure of the sun’s radiation will be more.
- Do your exercises and outdoor activities like cycling, swimming, etc either in the early morning or early evening so as to avoid the most powerful sun’s rays.
- Wear comfortable cotton clothes during summer as there would be excessive sweating. There are UV protective rating clothes available in the market, which can act as a great barrier over the sun’s radiations.
- Wear a cap or a hat while going out.
- Never forget to wear sunglasses to protect the eyes from the harmful radiations of the sun.
- Do not go for a sun bath during very peak sunny days, as that could harm the skin leading to skin cancer, tanned skin, etc, instead of doing good to the skin.
- After a swim, rinse yourself or have a bath as the chlorine in the water could dry the skin and in some cases it could even result in an allergic reaction.
- Do not apply perfume directly on the skin instead spray it over the dress.
- Avoid deep fried and oily food items. Take lots of fruits and vegetables instead.
Skin care during winter season:
- During winter season, since it would be very cold, it could dry the skin very badly. Therefore apply a moisturizer, that is oil based and not water based, after a warm water bath on the skin, face, hands, feet, etc.
- Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen lotion as the winter sun along with snow glare can damage the skin.
- In order to protect well during winter, wear thick clothes, boots, and hats along with gloves for the hands.
- Be very careful with wet gloves and socks as that would lead to itching, cracking sores or even increase eczema. It could even result in a high body temperature.
- Just because it is cold, that does not mean that one should not take water. Drink ample amounts of water as that would keep the skin young and clear.
- Minimal consumption of deep fried and oily foods with limited restrictions as that would increase the weight.
Irrespective of the seasons, skin care is so essential and so lets follow the tips and maintain the glow and shine that nature has provided to us.